Orthotics and Prosthetics (Ankle Foot Brace)
An ankle-foot orthosis (AFO) is an orthosis or ankle foot brace (usually plastic) that supports the ankle and foot.
AFOs are externally applied and intended to control position and motion of the ankle, compensate for weakness, or correct deformities.
Arch City Foot and Ankle and Dr. Dennis Timko are using new techniques for providing his patients with AFOs. Why send your patients to another location, instead make one trip to Dr. Timko’s office for full evaluation and customizied fitting for your AFO.
Indications for use of an AFO for the foot and ankle:
- Ankle arthritis or DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Ankle, subtalar or midtarsal trauma
- Charcot foot
- Chronic Achilles tendonitis
- Extra support for the obese patient
- Increased stability for varum or valgum at the knee
- Paralytic equinus or drop foot
- PTTD (Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction)
- Severe pronation or pes planus
- Sports injuries, such as chronic ankle sprains
- Talocalcaneal varus or valgus
- Tibialis tendonitis (posterior of anterior)
See Arizona AFO for all the different type of AFOs that we can provide.
Most insurances will cover the cost of an ankle foot brace. Please call us if you have any questions or email Dr. Dennis Timko at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also provide prefabricated ankle foot brace for you. About 50% of patients do very well with a lower end prefabricated ankle foot brace rather than a custom brace. You must get evaluated first to see if you are a candidate for either a custom or non-custom ankle foot brace.