Want to learn about the new healthcare reform bill from the eyes and ears of a podiatric surgeon? Are you a sports fan and your favortie player has a foot or ankle injury and want to know how long they will be off the field? Here at Arch City Foot and Ankle we will help you do that. Dr. Dennis Timko is a podiatrist in the St. Louis area and this is his podcast called, “What the Foot!”.
Dr. Dennis Timko’s goals and objectives in his podcasts are:
- Present a doctor’s perspective on the past, current and future of medicine of the foot and ankle. We will discuss current treatment modalities of the foot and ankle to help the average person understand more about it. Most busy physicians don’t have the time in there office to explain everything, but we will try to help with that.
- To help teach about the past, current, and future treatments and ideas of diabetes and neuropathy and how it causes problems to the foot and ankle. Sometimes, as a foot doctor, we see undiagnosed diabetics which is about 7 million of the population.
- Sports injuries and give a professional view on a specific professional athele’s injury. For example, Allen Craig of the St. Louis Cardinals last week twisted his ankle and foot while rounding first base. I will help to try and teach the non-medical sports world what I think happened after reviewing the video and give up-to-date advise on how long they might be out for.
- Give a review of a popular foot product. So that people can see if it’s worth the money to buy it, try it, or fry it! Some examples of products that we will review are the new minimalist shoes for runners, topical creams and lotions for dry skin, and many more foot and ankle products to help make your feet feel better.
- I will try to decipher the Obamacare and healthcare reform bill that was signed on March 23, 2010. This 2,407 pages are written by lawyers and politicians and not physicians, so lets see if we can figure out if this will be helping the future of our nation’s healthcare. Did you know that the US budget for healthcare is less than 5% of the total budget?
- Lastly, we will be performing interviews of current, future and past experts in the field of foot care. Also in many other industries that include the use of feet such has insurance experts and even a sky diver!