The best way to end the night for Valentine’s day is to give your loved one the best foot massage.
Here are a few tips that you can follow that will make her (or him) beg for more. Just remember don’t tell too many people these secrets. They will work every time if you master these steps, but before you begin the best foot massage you will need to prepare with good lotions and soften their feet first. You might want to prepare by softening the feet a few days in advanced depending on how dry your feet are. Also, you will have to remove any hard dry callused skin by using a puma stone or a ped egg. Preparing for the foot massage can be fun to when you start with a warm bath. Prepare the area where your foot will be with a towel so the dry skin or lotion doesn’t get on the bed or chair. To give the best foot massage you have to understand reflexology of the foot. Reflexology is also known as zone therapy and that each body part is represented on the hands or feet and that by applying pressure to those areas can have therapeutic effects in other parts of the body.
Steps to remember when giving the best foot massage:
- If they are extremely ticklish then you will have to have a firmer touch.
- Your partner hopefully doesn’t have a anti-foot fetish issue.
- Always have good music or a calming romantic movie on.
- Light a nice smelling calming romantic candle, use soy based, its healthier. I get my candles from The Positive shop, the Energy Cleansing Sage Scented is nice and relaxing.
- Make sure your partner is relaxed and don’t talk about work. Make sure the chair or bed that their head and neck is relaxed with a pillow.
- Make sure the kids are in bed or your phones are turned off or on silence mode.
- Guys will like this part because the warm up is actually the best part. Start at the heel. The heel has the most erotic sensitive areas. See the reflexology chart for location of the sex organs that have nerve endings. The lateral heel (outside of the heel or the side of the baby toe) has an area for the Ovary and Testicle and the medial heel (has a small area for the Uterus and Prostate
- Make sure the person that is massaging has trimmed their finger nails, don’t want to stab them.
- Firm touch is better than soft.
- Make sure the foot is lubed up good and always add more lotion as you go. A dry foot massage doesn’t feel as good as a wet one.
- For medical anatomical terms, start proximal (back of the foot) and work your way distally (front of the foot or toes).
- Spend some time in the arch region by using your thumbs and rubbing the plantar fascia (the ligament that gets sore the most when we stand for long periods of time).
- Pull on each toe one by one. This may hurt for some people but will feel good if you can release some of the fluid in the joints (by popping the toes).
- Spend more time on the bottom or plantar foot and less on the top or dorsal foot.
- Use lighter touch on the top of the foot.
- If you are pregnant, do NOT do the foot massage because it could potentially induce labor.
- End with the ankle and calves. The ankle can be also very erotic and would be a great way to end the massage and begin other festivities.
Dr. Dennis M. Timko
Dr. Dennis Timko, is a podiatrist in the St. Louis, Eureka, MO. area. Dr. Timko specializes in diabetic foot care, foot surgery, AFOs, and orthotics. Dr. Timko is the solo owner of Arch City Foot & Ankle, which has been in business since 2003.